Alumni Network Hungary
13 May 2022
The Alumni Network Hungary was launched in 2018. The mission was to establish a global alumni community of former and current students at various Hungarian higher education institutions. After 3 years of extensive recruitment, we are proud to have reached 7424 registered members, which number includes current and alumni students as well. The vast majority of the community pursued their studies with the support of the Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship programme but many of the members were self-financed or participated in an Erasmus mobility.
There is exactly 1 current or alumni student participating in the Network from your country.
After registration on the website www.alumninetworkhungary.hu, members of the Alumni Network Hungary can access services and features created and developed exclusively for them but one of the main focuses of our platform is to facilitate networking and interactions between the registered alumni.
The Network provides different services. Registered members can:
- search for each other (the database contains contact information, and filters can be performed according to different aspects),
- develop their career and relationship building skills,
- join groups (according to the training institution, year of graduation, field of study, etc.),
- read news, briefings, interviews,
- register for events,
- use services (eg. virtual coaching video series, participation in webinars and in short trainings).
There are also alumni volunteers who have an important role in:
- promoting higher education in Hungary by sharing their personal experiences and writing blogs,
- participating in the activities of the Hungarian stand at educational fairs in their country of origin (eg. promoting the country, interpreting and translating),
- facilitating the recruitment of new students and assisting as a mentor in the preparation of prospective students coming to Hungary,
- organizing alumni meetings in their own country and helping the process of self-organization of local networks.
The Network organizes alumni meetings in Hungary and abroad as well. The first alumni meeting in Hungary took place in 2016 with 100 participants from different countries and specializations. In 2018 there was a professional workshop under the name of "Innovation in Health" with more than 60 doctors, experts, and representatives from 26 countries. Alumni meetings were organized abroad in the following years and countries:
- 2017, "Explore Hungary", Brazil;
- 2019, "Study and Go Abroad", Canada; India; USA and Poland;
- 2021, Egypt and Brazil.